£300-340 per day
over 4 years ago
6 months initially
Working for a global high tech travel company based in central London. Great, friendly and collaborative working environment at the UK’s #1 Place to Work, as recognised by Glassdoor.
Working as a Data Scientist/Statistical Analyst
The Commercial Analytics team is seeking a talented candidate for the role of Statistical Analyst. The role will support, and influence decisions based on data and insightful analyses to help achieve the mainly internal Stakeholder’s objectives, using advance analytical techniques.
The lead analyst will have prior experience working through complex business problems and partnering with internal clients using a consultative approach. This position will need to be comfortable working with ambiguity and have the ability to define and solve problems by using available data and making reasonable assumptions.
The lead Analyst has excellent communication and relationship building skills from stakeholders up to executive level.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
• Work with Commercial Analytics Director to translate proposals into analytic work plans
• Practitioner of sales & marketing analytics including but not limited to: Customer Segmentation (Cluster or Factor Analysis), Retention Analysis, Lifetime Value Analysis, Customer Profiles, Market Research, predictive modeling, financial modeling, survey analysis
• Execute analysis based on a delivery plan created by the team
• Participate and support in delivering results and presentations to clients
• Performs hands-on analysis of large volumes of transaction and customer level data (cookie data). Work with complex data structure, manipulate, cleanse data and perform statistical analysis
• Create case studies to promote Commercial Analytics expertise
• Solid knowledge in machine learning techniques such as Bayesian methods, clustering, decision trees, random forests, NLP etc., with experience in selecting features, building and optimizing, supervised versus unsupervised.
• Superior problem-solving skills, self-motivation and the capacity to work under pressure and tight deadlines
• Excellent verbal, written communication, and data presentation skills
• Advanced educational qualification in, and experience with, statistical modeling & analysis, complex computational methods & techniques is highly desirable
• Must be able to use advanced data access and extraction tools and methods, e.g., R, Python, SAS, SQL, OLAP, etc.
• Familiarity with current technologies, e.g., Redshift, Qubole for large data set storage, processing and analysis is desirable
• Exceptional analytical skills - likely to have been honed through relevant work experience in an analytical role
• Proven Experience of implementing/running Analytics and Data Mining projects.
• An advanced degree (post graduate – Masters, Ph.D., etc.) in a quantitative field or sufficient experience