up to £600 per day
over 4 years ago
Working for an international travel brand in central London
Are you a vastly experienced Cassandra engineer with a Linux sysadmin background? You will be tasked with building out new Cassandra clusters on premise and in AWS, as well as supporting and upgrading the existing physical environment.
Experience of Java-based web architectures would be an excellent asset, but as long as you're keen to learn, good with people and understand the difference between containers and virtual machines, you'll fit right in.
What You’ll Do as a Cassandra engineer :-
Work on everything from transitioning infrastructure to AWS, standing up new clusters, helping us manage Cassandra version upgrades across staging and production environments, to capacity analysis and cluster upgrades to cope with increasing demands.
• Collaborate with engineers to maintain a reliable bare metal performance environment
• Manage and monitor systems to ensure that issues are quickly identified and resolved
• Collaborate with various platform teams to plan and execute system changes
• Automate manual activities
Essential Competencies for Cassandra engineer
• Good interpersonal skills and willingness to work across teams
• Strong Linux background, ideally RHEL/CentOS
• Experienced with installing, maintaining and performance tuning Cassandra
• Experienced with large scale, high volume transactional databases
• Exposure to automation and config management tools, preferably Ansible (we have lots of servers and need to manage them in an automated way)
• Ability to work quickly and effectively whilst maintaining quality
• Desire to evaluate and learn new technologies to tackle real user problems effectively
• A real passion for automation.
• Experience with virtualisation technologies like OpenStack, Vagrant, EC2
• Experience with managing Docker
• Experience managing infrastructure in multi-tiered web architecture
• Experience in cloud platforms such as AWS, GCE