almost 4 years ago
6 months initially
Working for a global high tech travel company based in central London as a NOSQL Java Engineer. Great, friendly and collaborative working environment at the UK’s #1 Place to Work, as recognised by Glassdoor.
NoSQL Java Engineer
Are you an experienced Linux engineer with a strong knowledge of java applications? Do you have experience with NoSQL or looking to learn more about its applications and uses in an enterprise business setting?
• Extensive travel rewards and discounts for all employees!
What you’ll do…
As a NoSQL/Java engineer in this team, you will work with other very experienced engineers to continually build, monitor and improve our stack to ensure the fastest, most reliable data platform possible. We are large users of Cassandra, so experience with the technology would be a great advantage to any candidate – however if not – you should be willing and passionate about learning it.
You’ll be responsible for:
• Writing (Ansible/Terraform), building and designing our data platforms to ensure 100% uptime and responsiveness
• Working with development teams when things go wrong, owning the issue and communicating effectively to keep everyone in the loop.
• Technical guidance to other team members to continually strengthen the teams skill sets
• Working in an agile team and look for ways to continuously improve through asking and providing feedback
• Solving performance/stability issues, proving the fix and managing the deployment
Who you are…
We don’t believe in skill matching against a list of buzzwords…
We are looking for a smart individual with good general Linux skills and some experience of working with Java applications because we believe that exceptional candidates can learn quickly. However if you do have and experience with any of the following that would be great!
• Working with / tuning Java applications