£500-£600 per day
almost 4 years ago
Working for a global high tech travel company based in central London as a QA Tester. Great, friendly and collaborative working environment at the UK’s #1 Place to Work, as recognised by Glassdoor.
We are looking for a highly motivated Quality Assurance engineer who can effectively work within a Scrum team to deliver high quality solutions.
The role includes executing manual tests, automating testing wherever possible as well as leading and guiding the team in testing the functionality of solutions that have been developed. You will be involved in the full development lifecycle of the solution including design, development, testing, deployment activities and post deployment support.
• Define, develop, document and maintain a repository of test plans, cases and scripts.
• Develop and review test requirements with input from product owners and developers.
• Develop automated and manual testing procedures.
• Execute test scripts.
• Document test results noting discrepancies between actual and expected results.
• Report defects and interact with developers to ensure these are understood.
• Contribute to ongoing improvement of quality assurance standards and procedures.
Desired experience and skills
• Strong background working with extremely large data sets in a Data Warehousing, ETL and Business Intelligence environment.
• Experience working in an Agile/Scrum delivery team environment.
• Demonstrable and proven experience in creation, validation and coordination of system and user acceptance testing.
• Practical knowledge and experience of continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins); defect management systems (e.g. Jira) and test case management tools (e.g. TestRail)
• Practical knowledge and experience in ad-Hoc, exploratory and risk-based testing.
• Experience with setting up and administering a QA environment, implementing standards, and moving towards an automated solution
• Strong SQL experience.
• Any experience with (or at least an interest in) the Hadoop ecosystem – including Hive, Map Reduce, Azkaban, Presto is a big plus.
• Strong aptitude to learn and adapt to new technologies and processes.
• Knowledge of testing in AWS applications (S3, EC2, EMR, Lambda, SNS etc) would be nice.
• Ability to write code (ideally in Java or Python) would be nice, including unit testing.
• Strong Unix scripting skills to perform data/file manipulation and assist test automation.
• Experience running, and testing applications written in Java and running on Linux.