£500-600 per day
over 3 years ago
6 months initially
Contract role working for the worlds leading online travel company
Based Angel in London - 1 minute walk Angel station 10 mins walk Kings Cross
As well as being a passionate advocate of cloud computing, you have solid professional experience of AWS architecture and administration in production environments.
• Expert knowledge of Terraform and automation tooling including Jenkins Docker, Kube and other open source DevOps technologies.
• You have experience building and troubleshooting front and backend services preferably in an online business environment.
• You have a deep understanding of networking and security and how to apply them to a Cloud-based environment including AWS networking services such as VPCs, Security Groups, NACLs and IAM roles.
• You are a capable building, and can demonstrate a history of developing, your own solutions to fix complex issues
• Experience with building monitoring tools for availability, usage & performance
• You've spent some time with Big Data application ecosystem running on Hadoop, EMR, R Studio.
• You have hands on experience with containerisation (Docker) and resource scheduling (Kubernetes).
• You possess a deep understanding of DevOps and Agile methodologies and concepts.
• You are confident writing robust Infrastructure as Code and have used tools like Terraform and integrated with other tools such as Vault and Jenkins.
• You have knowledge of configuration management tools and techniques.
• You have some DBA experience (Postgresql, mysql)
• Experience in Java, SQL, R & Scripting (Python or Shell)
• You will contribute to the design, build and running of our AWS Data platforms to bring increased flexibility, scalability and efficiency to their infrastructure.
• You will be expected to cultivate relationships with developers, analysts, engineers and other technology partners and stakeholders to understand their needs.
• You will provide mentorship and technical direction to on and off-shore team-members and evangelize best practices and methodologies.
Why join this team?
• You'll get to work with spectacular people across technology, product & business teams.
• You will have access to our dedicated AWS account team with advanced support and access to new AWS technologies and roadmaps.
• You will help live, breathe, craft data solutions on top of petabyte scale data lake and the latest big data technologies.
• We believe in leading humbly & create a supportive, collaborative, and fulfilling place where you can progress your career.