up to £600 per day
over 3 years ago
6 months initially
Software Engineer (Java) - Contract
Looking for a highly motivated Software Engineer
You'll be working on some cool projects using state of the art technologies
In this role, you will be responsible for the delivery of our data capture platform and algorithmic features, that helps us give our users a personalised experience when looking for the ideal hotel. This includes working with stakeholders, technical product managers, engineers and data scientists to understand requirements, complete solution design, development and ultimately delivery to our ends users.
You'll be responsible for:
* Develop various facets of capture, services, and algorithmic features
* Write clean, maintainable and well-tested code.
* Develop code as part of a wider team through pair programming and code reviews.
* Deploy and maintain applications in production environments.
* Communicate and document solutions and design decisions.
* Regularly refactor code to adapt to dynamic business requirements and evolving technical landscapes.
* Understand AWS standard methodologies.
* Work with business partners and data science to flesh out and deliver on requirements in an agile manner.
* At least 5 years of Java server-side programming.
* Background in OOP, performance and scalability tuning, algorithms and computational complexity.
* Experience with design and architecture of complex systems that scale well with increasing volumes of data.
* Experience with processing massive structured and unstructured data sets.
* Agile development methodologies including Scrum or Kanban, code reviews, continuous integration, pair programming.
* Experience working in cross-functional teams with You build, you run it mentality.
* Proven ability to research varied technologies to solve challenging business problems, and quickly develop proof of concepts.
* Good interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills when working with both business and technical.
Nice to have:
* Interested in large scale systems and ML theories, techniques and libraries.
* Experience working with engineering teams in multiple locations.
* MS/BS degree in a computer science field or related discipline is nice but not essential.