almost 4 years ago
6 months initially
Working for a global high tech travel company based in central London as a QA Tester. Great, friendly and collaborative working environment at the UK’s #1 Place to Work, as recognised by Glassdoor.
Software Engineer (Java)
You’ll be working on some cool projects using our state of the art technologies…
In this role, you will be responsible for the delivery of services that power algorithmic features and machine learning experiments, that help us give users a personalised experience when looking for the ideal hotel. This includes working with stakeholders, technical product managers, engineers and data scientists to understand requirements, complete solution design, development and ultimately delivery to our ends users.
You’ll be responsible for:
• Develop various facets algorithmic features and machine learning experiments.
• Write clean, maintainable and well-tested code.
• Develop code as part of a wider team through pair programming and code reviews.
• Deploy and maintain applications in production environments.
• Actively monitor the health of applications owned by the team and address issues
• Communicate and document solutions and design decisions.
• Regularly refactor code to adapt to dynamic business requirements and evolving technical landscapes.
• Understand and apply AWS standard methodologies and products (compute, storage, dbs)
• Propose new ways of doing things and contribute to the system architecture.
• Work with business partners to flesh out and deliver on requirements in an agile manner.
• At least 5 years of Java server-side programming.
• You have great knowledge of Spring, Git, REST, Cassandra and Kafka.
• Background in OOP, performance and scalability tuning, algorithms and computational complexity.
• Experience with design and architecture of complex systems that scale well with increasing volumes of data.
• Experience with processing massive structured and unstructured data sets.
• Agile development methodologies including Scrum or Kanban, code reviews, continuous integration, pair programming.
• Experience working in cross-functional teams with “You build, you run it” mentality.
• Proven ability to research varied technologies to solve challenging business problems, and quickly develop proof of concepts.
• Good interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills when working with both business and technical.
Nice to have:
• Interested in large scale systems and ML theories, techniques and libraries.
• Experience working with engineering teams in multiple locations.
• MS/BS degree in a computer science field or related discipline is nice but not essential.